Learn and connect at keynotes, breakout panels,
networking opportunities and more
7:30am – 8:15amRegistration and Continental Breakfast
8:15am – 8:30amOpening Remarks
- Jeremy Seidman, MBA ’03 Chair, MIT Sloan CFO Summit
8:30am – 9:00amWelcome to MIT Sloan CFO Summit
- Matthew Rhodes-Kropf (moderator) Visiting Associate Professor, Finance, MIT Sloan & Managing Partner, Tectonic Ventures
9:00am – 9:30amMorning Fireside Chat
In this fireside chat, we look forward to sitting down with David Zinsner, EVP and CFO, of Intel Corporation.
9:30am – 10:00amMorning Keynote
10:00am – 10:30amMorning Coffee Break
10:30am – 11:30amTrack 1 - Longevity
Nobody’s perfect and no single capital strategy applies to all. Come learn from the pros on mix and match strategies including everything from sale leasebacks to straight debt to equity opportunities.
Track 2 - Impact
- Scott Almeida Chief Financial Officer, Recorded Future
- Amanda Barbour Chief Financial Officer, Boston Dynamics
- David Descoteaux Co-Head of Americas M&A, UBS Financial Services
In today’s environment, it’s critical that the CFO’s finance team needs to cohabitate & lead cross functional teams. Learn how to stretch and strengthen your finance team with teams across marketing, R&D, legal and more.
11:30am – 12:15pmLuncheon Buffet
12:15pm – 1:15pmLuncheon Keynote PanelThe importance of CFO leadership has never been more visible as we emerge from a world-wide pandemic and enter an environment of higher inflation and higher corporate expectations. Learn how these CFOs generate a positive impact for their companies as they manage near-in events and execute on long-term goals.
1:30pm – 2:30pmTrack 1 - Longevity
It’s easy to innovate in an exuberant economy when “risk on” is the dominant catchphrase. But, when risk aversion becomes the new mantra, smart leaders need new strategies for innovation. Come join us to learn more about the latest & greatest technologies your finance organization needs.
Track 2 - Impact
- Don Halsted Chief Financial Officer, Ionic Materials, Inc.
Data, discipline and prioritization are important, but for real impact, successful CFOs know how to add humor, judgement and compassion. This panel of leaders will share their best practices in becoming your best CFO.
2:30pm – 3:30pmTrack 1 - Longevity
The ESG Disclosure Simplification Act of 2021 will require public company CFOs to disclose ESG metrics and how those metrics impact long term performance. But, the reality is that these SEC disclosures are going to roll down to private companies, suppliers to public companies, partners and all others in the business ecosystem. Join us to learn more about the importance of this recent act and how it should gain momentum in your organization.
Track 2 - Impact
- Maura Hodge (moderator) IMPACT ESG Audit Leader, KPMG US
- Michael Battles Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Clean Harbors, Inc.
- Derek D’Antilio SVP and Chief Financial Officer, Allegro MicroSystems
Every CFO in our network cares about recruiting and retention of the very best talent. These CFOs will share their best practices of what to do (and perhaps what not to do!).
3:30pm – 4:00pmCoffee Break
4:00pm – 4:30pmAfternoon Fireside Chat
Amazon has become synonymous with our everyday living. And AWS has become equally as important in the corporate universe both large and small. Get the prime front-row seat into how AWS is driving excellence throughout its organization.
4:30pm – 6:15pmNetworking Reception
- Program level: Intermediate
- Approved CPE: 7.5
- Field of Study: Finance
- Program Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Delivery Method: Live/Group
- Understand how today’s CFOs make decisions, convey those decisions with confidence, and manage with certainty
- Learn how to weigh options, make choices and allocate both human and financial resources
- Review the ways the equity market has evolved, including the role of technology, the evolution of shareholders and decisions made along the way
- How to manage internal cyber security procedures and external data threats
- Learn strategies on how to manage with conviction and maintain calm through times of uncertainty
- The impact of near-in decisions on long-term results and vice versa
The CFO Leadership Council is registered with the National Association of State Boards-of-Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org